mkisofs

I am trying to test a cd writer we just bought.  mkisofs fails about 1/2
the way through when trying to creating a filesystem from any existing
CD I try.  The error I receive is:

cannot open <filename> : No such file or directory

However, the file does it exist, and it doesn't fail on the same
file each time! (Trying it over with the same CD of course)  I have
plenty of disk space and this is the command I execute:

[dpk@brainiac:~] mkisofs -r -l -L -o cdimage /cdrom

Has anyone else experienced the same thing?  This is Debian 2.0, and
all my packages are up-to-date.

Thanks,
Dennis
--
dpk <dpk@egr.msu.edu>, Network Administrator   |  work: 353.4844
Division of Engineering Computing Services     |  page: 222.5875