Re: tetex question

"G. Kapetanios" <gk205@cus.cam.ac.uk> writes:

> My question is more tex oriented but involves knowledge of tetex. Tha is
> why I am asking the list. The book documentclass creates page headers with
> the title of the chapter. However, if the title is long the whole thing is
> meesed up. Is there a way to change that and either hjave no page headers
> or use title abbreveations ? Do I need to play around with the style files
> or some other sort of files ? Where would those files be in the tetex
> distribution of debian ? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Put a shortened form of the chapter title in an optional argument
to the \chapter command.  In my case it looks like
\chapter[Structure of Grouped Data]{Describing the Structure of Grouped Data}
--
Douglas Bates                            bates@stat.wisc.edu
Statistics Department                    608/262-2598