RE: X Help

     I am running Debian 1.31.  I want to install X windows on my system.
     Keep in mind that I have run X windows on this machine in the past
     using
     XFree86.  So I know there is no incompatability in the software
     hardware
     issue.

     Here is the problem:

     I cannot run XF86Setup.  It will not show anything on my monitor.  I
     configure it by way of xf86config and run startx and get a blank
     screen
     also.  I have tried the copy off my CD and the copy on the debian FTP
     site with the same results.  BTW, it must be loading because all I
     have
     to do is wait for the hard drive activity to stop and press
     CTRL-ALT-Backspace and get back to my CLI.  This has to be something
     simple that I have overlooked since I cannot see the system not
     working.  BTW, I have looked at the configuration file from my old
     install and cannot find anything meaningfull different between the
     two.

     Here is my hardware:

     HP Pavilion 7166
     133 MHZ Pentium
     36 MEG RAM
     Several HD's
     IDE CD-rom
     S3 Trio64 V+ built in vidio card with 1 MEG ram
     HP Pavilion 15" Monitor

     Hope this helps.

     Thanks

     Brian Schramm
     bschramm@bigfoot.com
     bschramm@email.usps.gov

     > I cannot run XF86Setup.  It will not show anything on my monitor.  I

     Have you tried to run XF86Setup and NOT use defaults found in
     XF86Config file?

     Alex Y.

     --
        _
      _( )_

     Yes I have.  I cannot get it to run in ether mode.

     Please reply with your email address since I get this by way of the
     debian digest and for some reason it cuts off the email addresses of
     everyone on the list.

     Brian Schramm

     bschramm@bigfoot.com
     bschramm@email.usps.gov