Re: SEUL: Anybody home

Hi David:
You write:

> From:	IN%"d.cary@ieee.org"  "David Cary" 16-MAR-1998 01:55:25.72
> To:	IN%"kdart@cisco.com"  "Keith Dart", IN%"seul-project@seul.org"
> CC:
> Subj:	RE: SEUL: Anybody home

> I just installed Debian on a fresh system last week just for the experience.
>
> (Anyone want to see my ~8 KB stream-of-consiousness notetaking as I was
> installing it ?)

Would you please post the file, mail me an attached copy or
(perhaps best) post a URL?

> The most obvious flaw was that once the standard text-mode UNIX was up and
> running, there wasn't any hint as to what to do next to get graphics going.
> (run "deselect", pick "X Windows", let "dselect" install it, run the
> XConfigurator, run "startx").

That is true. I'm still (after years using LInux, unfortunately) a
newbie on a whole lot, and configuring X still gives me grief

--David
       LINUX: the FREE 32 bit OS for [3456]86 PC's available NOW!
David B Teague | Ask me how user interface copyrights & software
teague@wcu.edu | patents make programing a dangerous business.

spy counter-intelligence wild porno sex gold bullion Soviet Bosnia