Re: NEWBIE: Installation, laptop, unkown PCI device.

Lindsay Allen <allen@murdoch.edu.au> writes:

> I used to get the message re "Unknown PCI device" but my system carried on
> regardless.  There was advice to report it to someone in France, which I
> did and the problem eventually went away.

There's actually nothing wrong with the "Unknown PCI device" error,
and the code causing the problem must be just after it in the boot
process.

A lot of the time in Win95 after installing on a new machine, you'll
get things in the "System" control panel listing "PCI Card" (IIRC)
instead of a name in the appropriate category.  This is exactly the
same as "Unknown PCI device", except you need to report your hardware
for Linux because there's not much chance the company will inform the
maintainer.

	  GNU GPL: "The Source will be with you... always."