Re: EXMH can not send e-mail

On Thu, 12 Mar 1998 12:35:57 CST, wrote:
> Hi, All
>
> I have problem sending e-mails from EXMH, but I can receive them succesfully.
> It looks like ordinary Mail program works fine (I can both send and receive e
> -mails).  Here is the message from EXMH:
> post: problem initializing server; [RPLY] 550 '<kushnir@pccmu1.fnal.gov>' sen
> der address target 'pccmu1.fnal.gov' is not a valid e-mail domain.
> send: message not delivered to anyone
>
> Any suggestions what should I check?
>
> Here is a list of relevant packages:
> +++-===============-==============-==========================================
> ==
> ii  smail           3.2.0.100-4    Electronic mail transport system.
> ii  exmh            2.0.2-1        An X user interface for MH mail.
> ii  mh              6.8.4-17       A set of electronic mail handling programs
> ii  mailx           8.1.1-6        A simple mail user agent.

If you're not running a permanent internet connection, you're gonna
want to back down on the smail version, because the latest version of
smail is broken for dialup networking.  Try bo's smail (3.2.3, I
think).  That should eradicate the immediate error.

If you are running a permanent internet connection, then I envy you.
<G.>
--
David Stern