Re: Smail/Sendmail Question

Hi!

> > mfrattola> localhost mail deliver locally don't rewrite header
> > mfrattola> LAN mail deliver thru eth0 don't rewrite header
> > mfrattola> internet mail deliver thru ppp0 rewrite header
> >
> > 	This is possible by
> >  a) defining mailers, and modifying sendmail.cf to add a inexpensive
> >     smtp mailer (copy the smtp mailers and call them lsmtp et akk
> >  b) look at ruleset 1 and prevent rewrites for the LAN, while allowing
> >     rewrites for external addresses

I wrote such m4s and Marco asked me to post em to the list. I hope nobody is
angry because of their size (6k gz)

in addition they are capable of
 rewriting usernames
 restrict internet-mail to listed users.
 deliver mail to non-local adresses which are known to be reachable localy

They aren't perfect, but they work. At least they are a good start to
continue tweaking.

Regards
 Rainer

---
KeyID=58341901 fingerprint=A5 57 04 B3 69 88 A1 FB  78 1D B5 64 E0 BF 72 EB