Re: X at higher resolutions, and embedding lower resolutions

When using xdm, put a line in /etc/X11/xdm/Xservers like my last line:

# $XConsortium: Xserv.ws.cpp,v 1.3 93/09/28 14:30:30 gildea Exp $
#
# Xservers file, workstation prototype
#
# This file should contain entries to start the servers on the
# local machine;
# X servers are automatically added to this file by the Debian
# xbase and xserver configuration scripts.
:0 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X -bpp  16

This will always run xdm with 16 bits.

I don't know how to run lower depth only apps at a higher depth.

John Paul