possible network attack question

Hi,

In the last few weeks I have been receiving the following message in
syslog with increasing frequency

Mar 10 22:19:46 garfield kernel: eth0: Oversized Ethernet frame spanned
multiple  buffers, status 7fffceff!

I have been told that this is "normal" and should not worry me. However,
as the frequency has increased dramatically, I was wondering aboutwhat it
actually is and secondly whether it could be some sort of attack from the
net. I have the iplogger package and it reports nothing suspicious. Could
it be something that iplogger is not designed to notice ? Any help would
be appreacited as this is really buffling me
Thanks
George

George Kapetanios
Churchill College