Re: Getting Mail From POP3 Servers

On Tue, 10 Mar 1998, Graham Lillico +44 1785 248131 wrote:

> How can I get my internet mail to my mail server from my isp's pop3 server, so
> that my promailrc file will filter all my mail both internet and local, I am
> currently using fetchmail to do this but it doesn't seem to use procmail so all
> my internet mail is getting placed in /var/spool/mail/<username> is there away
Sure.  You can specify a delivery agent in the .fetchmailrc file with
the "mda" option.

Alternatively,  set up fetchmail to drop mail in
/var/spool/mail/<username> and make yourself a .forward that looks like
this:
"|IFS=' ' && exec /usr/bin/procmail -f- || exit 75 #harpo"
where "harpo" is your username.  This is what I do -- simpler to let
fetchmail deliver everything by the normal smail routes and let smail
forward it on to procmail.

                     					Will

|             harpo@udel.edu lowe@cis.udel.edu lowe@debian.org           |
|			http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/		         |