how to find an (not so) old package

Well, I tried to upgrade web/w3-el to version pre 4, using dftp.

But after he put some of the files in the system, he told me I could
not use it unless I had emacs 20, which conflicts with emacs 19.

AFAIK, vm does not work with emacs 20, so I can't upgrade (I use vm
quite a lot).

Resume: my "old" w3-el does not work, because some of the files were
overwriten by the new w3-el, which does not work in emacs 19, which I
cannot upgrade to emacs 20 because vm does not work in emacs 20.

I also cannot seem to find the "old" w3-el package (which would allow
me to downgrade w3-el).

Can someone help me?

Thanks

PS: I never really knew why debian does not make things so that
different versions of the programs can co-exist in a system. In my
university, our (very good and famous) admin would leave SEVERAL
versions of each program in the system, so that, if you did not
specify anything, you would use the "default", else you could
choose whatever you needed...

--
Luiz Otavio L. Zorzella                 Product Engineer
zorzella@conexware.com          http://www.conexware.com