Re: locks and compiling mutt

On Sat, Mar 07, 1998 at 10:51:55AM -0500, Lee Bradshaw wrote:
> I'm compiling mutt for a bo system.

Why aren't you using the Debian .diff.gz as a basis?

> IIRC there was a discussion on
> locks a couple days ago. It appears that I should use:
>   ./configure --enable-flock --disable-fcntl
> Can someone verify this?  Thanks.

Per Debian policy, all mail programs should use dotlocking only.  The Debian
mutt package has --disable-fcntl, and no --enable-flock, which makes mutt
use dotlocking.

HTH,
Ray
--
POPULATION EXPLOSION  Unique in human experience, an event which happened
yesterday but which everyone swears won't happen until tomorrow.