/etc/issue, ssltelnet

[This isn't strictly Debian related]

Recently I've been reading security horror stories, and things that can
be done to avoid the problem.

Among the more vanilla problems is the /etc/issue file - specifically,
the advertisement of what OS is running on the target machine.  I'd like
to get things set up so that it's not immediately clear whether one of
our servers is running Linux, BSDi, Solaris, etc.

I've run into a problem with my Debian boxes that have ssltelnet
installed.  These like to print a banner telling you that a key is being
generated, etc.

So ... is there an obvious way of disabling these messages?  More to the
point, is ssltelnet even worth it, as opposed to ssh?  I like the idea,
but I've got the feeling I may be beating my head against the wall here.

Ideas, pointers, comments welcome.

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet - 410 South Phillips Avenue - Sioux Falls, SD  57104