Re: newbie setup of ppp

>     I've just install debian linux and I'm having problems getting ppp
> working. I have the modem setup and the pon script will dial and I get
> a connection but pppd just hangs up after about ten seconds. I've gone
> through the FAQ's and HOW to's but I can't seem to figure out what I'm
> doing wrong.  I realize I'm not giving much detail here, I'm hoping
> it is a simple newbie error that more experienced users will know the
> answer to.

Even if it is a simple newbie error I don't know if I can help since I am not
an expert.
However, I would try to debug it with the PPP-HOWTO.
Since I understand that you manage to connect to your ISP, I would suspect the
configuration files such as /etc/ppp.chatscript /etc/ppp.options_out and
/etc/ppp/options.
What does your /etc/ppp/connect-errors /var/log/ppp.log and other log files
have to say ?
Perhaps it will help if you mail a relevant log file (such as
/var/log/ppp.log) lines, without password, ofcourse.

	I hope it helps.