Re: fdisk and mount (was Re: Dselect)

David Stern <kotsya@u.washington.edu?> replied:

>> If all of your cylinders are accounted for, consider that mke2fs
>> reserves 5% for root by default.

     Also, over 4% of the "raw" space is utilized by the ext2 file
system for inodes, superblocks, accounting data, etc.  My /dev/hda8
contains 974736 blocks according to fdisk, but, when formatted and
mounted, df reports its size as 943438 blocks.

--
   _
  |_)  _  |_       Robert D. Hilliard    <hilliard@metrolink.net>