Re: PLIP question

Janos A Csirik wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am having trouble getting PLIP to work.

I don't want to seem really stupid, but why do you say:

> frisbee# ifconfig plip1 frisbee pointopoint piglet up
> SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
> SIOCSIFDSTADDR: No such device
> frisbee# lsmod
> Module         Pages    Used by
> ppp                5            0
> slip               2            1
> slhc               2    [ppp slip]      1

I don't see "plip" in there, while your .config file says:

> #
> # Automatically generated make config: don't edit
> #
[...]

> CONFIG_PLIP=m
> CONFIG_PPP=m

Doesn't that just mean you've got to insmod plip?

Oh, and why do you try to first add the route, and then ifconfig
the device? isn't one supposed to first insmod it, and then ifconfig
it?

--
joost witteveen, joostje@debian.org

The upstream maintainer is allowed to do things different
than Debian, but only if he has good reasons to do so.