Re: Q2 with hamm

>> On Thu, 5 Mar 1998 17:34:45 +0200, "Jaakko Niemi" <liiwi@lonesom.pp.fi> said:
>> >
>> > Has anyone got Q2 working in hamm with ref_soft or ref_gl?
>>
>> I don't have any concrete advice, as both of these renderers just work
>> for me and you sound to have tried many variations.  I want to ask,
>> though, if you're using the Debian packages.  The only complaint I've
>> received about them so far was from a person who was trying to use the
>> q2test pak file with the quake2 binary.  I can't think of anything
>> spectacular that I'm doing in the prepackaged version the lack of which
>> would cause your problem, though.

 I just managed to get it working using qkHacklib. This is a library that fools
 Q to use X for keyboard and mouse instead of svgalib. So this might be
 because of svgalib. I have the latest hamm package properly installed
 with PS2 keyboard and mouse. Don't see anything wrong with that.

 Just tried 3.14a, and it somehow doesn't take -nosound or -noaudio,
 which make Q2 bomb because of broken sound in 2.1.88 and 2.1.89
 won't compile cleanly, so here we go again :)

 Anybody know how to get joystick working?

 btw. Thanks for a great package!

	--j