Re: Upgrading to glibc2

On Fri, 6 Mar 1998, Carroll Kong wrote:

> 	Ok... I see an "autoup.sh" lying around on the net that lets me upgrade
> my debian 1.3.1R6 to "2.0" in the sense that it gives me glibc2 and I can
> finally grab "hamm" packages.  Anyone notice any particular bugs with glibc2 or
> the hamm packages? (unstable?)  I know they say they are unstable, but someone
> told me that debian 2.0 is close to release and that the unstable stuff is
> actually pretty stable now?  Should I bother?  My system is working great
> now.... what kind of other advantages should I see?

I upgraded to hamm about six weeks ago and haven't had any problems since
I got things set up.

Stable in terms of things working well; unstable in terms of package
updates daily (often to clean things up with no operational impact).

There are several packages in hamm which do not exist for bo (although I
didn't check bo-unstable, which may have many of them).

Your mileage may vary.

Bob

---
Bob Nielsen                     Internet: nielsen@primenet.com