Re: lp devices

> On Wed, Mar 04, 1998 at 08:37:52PM -0600, Jim Crumley wrote:
> > I have have tried echo/cat/more and redirecting to /dev/lp0
> > - /dev/lp4 and I have gotten the error message:
> > bash: /dev/lp0: No such device or address
> >
> > I am pretty much out of ideas.  Any help would be appreciated.
> Try /dev/lp1 instead. If that does not work show us the output
> of cat /proc/devices
>

> Nils

I guess I was unclear.  I tried /dev/lp0 , /dev/lp1, /dev/lp2,
and /dev/lp3.

Anyway, I tried reconfiguring magicfuilter, as suggested by Bob
Nielsen and that didn't help.  I still get the same error message
whether redirecting directly to lp1 or using lpr.

Anyway, here is the /proc/devices and /etc/printcap.

/proc/devices________________________________

Character devices:
 1 mem
 2 pty
 3 ttyp
 4 ttyS
 5 cua
 6 lp
 7 vcs
10 misc
12 tpqic02
36 netlink

Block devices:
 1 ramdisk
 2 fd
 3 ide0
 7 loop
 9 md
22 ide1
36 ed

printcap ___________________________

lp|bjc:canonbubblejet-4100:\
        :lp=/dev/lp1:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:\
#        :df=/etc/filter.ps:\
#        :tf=/etc/filter.pcl:\
        :af=/var/log/lp-acct:\
        :lf=/var/log/lp-errs:\
#        :if=/usr/sbin/magicfilterconfig:\
        :if= /usr/doc/examples/magicfilter/filters/bj200-filter:\

        :pl#66:\
        :pw#80:\
        :pc#150:\
        :mx#0:\