Problem in vfat_rmdirx

I'm running kernel 2.0.32 and I'm sharing my disk with Win95.
The partition that I share with Windoze is VFAT and it works fine under
Linux, except that of course (?) different read/write/execute priviledges
don't work on it.
My problem is that every now and again the kernel says this:
  "Problem in vfat_rmdirx"

It doesn't seem to do anything else, and the system carries on as usual,
but I'm just worried that there might be something wrong going on.
Especially that I tend to have really bad crashes (have to resort to the
Reset button) when running nedit 5.0.

Has anyone got any idea what that message means?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Marcin