Re: loading support for 2 ethernet cards

>Yeah, it's a bit unclear at first.  What you want to do is put the
>information on the append line, like this:
>
>append="mem=96M ether=10,0x300,eth0 ether=11,0x2e0,eth1"
>
>I'd recommend you put in the real values rather than 0,0 - that enables
>autoprobing and let's face it, you do want to know which interface is
>which, don't you?
>
>I hope this helps.  By the way, my two cards are 3C509B's.

How do you know which card is going to end up getting which values is it
in the system bios?

How do you know exactly what the values are....lucky guess?

I'm using two 3c905's with the latest patch to 3c59x.c from D. Becker
inserted into the kernel sources before compiling a custom kernel.

What I was planning to do was the old empiric method...if:

1<-->A and 2<-->B  doesn't work, why then I'll just connect
1<-->B and 2<-->A !!!

I figure the things are going to get assigned at boot the same way each
time.  But I would like to know how to do things the "Right Way".

Thanks

	Henry Hollenberg     speed@barney.iamerica.net