Re: HELP: Newbie needs help with crash

     Go ahead, and run e2fsck, but read the man page first!  I don't guarantee
anything for you here (disclaimer) and am not a LINUX expert, but it did work
for me when I received similar error messages.  Read those man pages.  If you
can't do so on your Debian LINUX OS, the man pages are on the Web, too, if you
have access to another OS.  Actually, I must admit, though, that I proceeded
with e2fsck without reading the man at the time, although I wouldn't suggest
doing so in reaction to _any problem_ for anyone else.  :-)

                                              _Art