Re: Lee: Re: smail Solution for Dynamic IP's

Bob Hilliard writes:
> It should be possible to make any other MUA put a proper From: field in
> the mail they send to smail.

That isn't the problem.  It is the MAIL FROM address in the smtp
transaction that causes difficulty.  BrightNet refuses my mail if this
address is not in their domain (even though they know my ip!).
'visible_name=win.bright.net' works, but smail insists on prefixing this
with $user to generate the address.  I'd like to make smail use jghasler
instead of $user.

> I had difficulty for a long time getting the return_path_field correct.

So did I, until I got a doamin name.  Now I just have to smuggle my mail
past BrightNet.  Others are not so fortunate, however.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)