Re: disabling remote xdm logins

ipfwadm -I -a reject -P udp -S 0.0.0.0/0 -W eth0 -D 209.109.31.9 177

works for me...

(btw, it's not a broadcast -- the client sends a UDP broadcast.)

-t

On Mon, 2 Mar 1998, Ossama Othman wrote:

> From: Ossama Othman <othman@astrosun.tn.cornell.edu>
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 17:25:47 -0500 (EST)
> Subject: disabling remote xdm logins
>
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to disable remote xdm logins from terminals and from some
> remote xdm login widgets.  I tried to modify the Xaccess file according to
> the docs and then restarting xdm but I still can't seem to get xdm to stop
> broadcasting to the rest of the machines on the same subnet that it is
> accepting xdm logins.
>
> Could someone please explain how I can configure my debian system to stop
> accepting xdm logins from remote machines?

----
M$ slips up in true Freudian style...
Seminar attendee: "Why is [Outlook] so slow?"
M$ rep:           "That's because it's live on the network."
Seminar attendee: "As opposed to...?"
Stop the madness!  Free yourselves!  http://www.opensource.org/