Re: kernel-source-2.0.33

Well I thought this was it....or am I mistaken, I just didn't understand
why dselect couldn't "track it down":

http://cgi.debian.org/www-master/debian.org/Packages/unstable/devel/kernel-source-2.0.33.html

Package: kernel-source-2.0.33 2.0.33-3

                                              Linux kernel source.

This package provides the source code for the Linux kernel, as well as the
scripts that maintain the symbolic link /usr/src/linux).
This also contains everything in the package kernel-headers-2.0.33, and
thus if you install kernel-source-2.0.33 you do not also
need to install kernel-headers-2.0.33.

You may configure the kernel to your setup by typing "make config" and
following instructions, but you could get ncursesX.X-dev
and tk4X-dev and try "make menuconfig" for a jazzier, and easier to use
interface. Also, on intel platforms, you may wish to get
bin86 (if you wish to compile the kernel sources, that is.)

Other packages related to kernel-source-2.0.33:

                                    = required
                                                 = recommended
                                                                  =
suggested

   binutils
       The GNU assembler, linker and binary utilities.
   libc5-dbg
       The Linux C library version 5 (debug files).
              or libc6-dev
                    The GNU C library version 2 (development files).
   gcc
       The GNU C compiler.
   ncurses3.4-dev
       Video terminal manipulation - Developer's libraries and docs.
   tk4.2-dev
       The Tk toolkit for TCL and X11 v4.2 - Development Package.
              or tk8.0-dev
                    The Tk toolkit for TCL and X11 v8.0 - Development
Package.
              or tkstep4.2-dev
                    The NEXTSTEP(tm)-like version of the Tk toolkit -
Development.
              or tkstep8.0-dev
                    The NEXTSTEP(tm)-like version of the Tk toolkit -
Development.

                                              Download it! (6527 kb)
Source Code: [dsc] [orig.tar.gz] [diff.gz]

Herbert Xu is responsible for this Debian package

	Henry Hollenberg     speed@barney.iamerica.net