SMAIL WARNING (was: Re: fetchmail doesn't work for me either)
- To: Alan Eugene Davis <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: SMAIL WARNING (was: Re: fetchmail doesn't work for me either)
- From: Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
- Date: Sun, 1 Mar 1998 03:03:01 +0100
- Message-id: <19980301030301.50242@flora>
- In-reply-to: <m0y8xQe-00000QC@electra2>; from Alan Eugene Davis on Sun, Mar 01, 1998 at 11:20:32AM +1000
- References: <m0y8xQe-00000QC@electra2>
On Sun, Mar 01, 1998 at 11:20:32AM +1000, Alan Eugene Davis wrote:
> I upgraded fetchmail, smail, and some other packages at once, and immediately
> begin having trouble with fetchmail. The problem is exactly as discussed by
> A. D. Y. Chang. I'm at a loss, with all the discussion of smail on this list.
> Fetchpop works ok, and with fetchpop -ar, I get a running list of the messages
> being scarfed off the server, which is nice.
> Still, I too would like to find out what's wrong w/ fetchmail.
Nothing. The problem is smail.
You *have* to reconfigure smail with smailconfig --force, and even then you
could run into problems. The simple way is to downgrade to the version in
Please folks: Don't upgrade to the smail in hamm unless you know what you
are doing or want to participate in testing.
PS: Maybe for you is the right way (1) internet host and then "smarthost".
both in smailconfig.
"Rhubarb is no Egyptian god." Debian GNU/Linux finger brinkmd@
Marcus Brinkmann http://www.debian.org master.debian.org
Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de for public PGP Key
http://homepage.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/Marcus.Brinkmann/ PGP Key ID 36E7CD09
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
Trouble? e-mail to email@example.com .