Re: Lee: Re: smail Solution for Dynamic IP's

On Thu, 26 Feb 1998 22:19:37 EST, Lee Bradshaw wrote:
> [..]
> local username had to match the remote username.  Check out my web page
> if you want to see all the effort I've put into HTML so far :^)
> <http://www.mindspring.com/~lee.bradshaw/>

And what nice dogs you have. <G.>

> If I didn't mention this before, I'm not cc'ing you because ipa.net
> rejects my "from " lines as spam.

I don't understand why a correct header would be rejected.  I'd like to
see some details for the basis to this claim, because I use the same
address style as you and Daniel.  Please tell.

I've read the relevant RFC (and more), but some of the terminology is
prohibitive to my understanding:

RFC822(STD11) 3.4.6:

            o   Parentheses ("(" and ")") are used  to  indicate  com-
                ments.

             o   Angle brackets ("<" and ">")  are  generally  used  to
                indicate  the  presence of a one machine-usable refer-
                ence (e.g., delimiting mailboxes), possibly  including
                source-routing to the machine.

What does that bit about "one machine-usable reference (e.g.,
delimiting mailboxes) .. source-routing .." mean?

Most importantly are both "Joe User <juser@isp>" and "juser@isp (Joe
User)" in keeping with standards?

Is there a more relevant RFC I should be reading?
--
David Stern