Re: Problem with gmp? Conflict on /dev/ttyS0?

Charles Blair <c-blair@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> writes:

>     I have a partially installed X.  The pointer/mouse device in the
> center of the keyboard doesn't work!  (it does work when I'm running
> Windows 95).

You should:

1. Load the psaux module.  Run `modconfig' and select it, or just edit
   /etc/modules, and type `modprobe psaux'.
2. If you want to make things easier, remove gpm and forget about it.
   You don't need it if you use X for everything.  Otherwise, check
   the mailing list archives or the HOWTOs.
3. Set up the X server and choose /dev/psaux for the mouse port and
   PS/2 as the mouse protocol.

	  GNU GPL: "The Source will be with you... always."