Keyboard + Terminal settings

	Hi All !

	I have been trying to make my TTY work with accented characters.
So far, I have loaded a keymap that is essentialy us.map modified with
dead_letters where the accents are supposed to be. (I have compared to
pt.map -> portuguese map and things look more or less the same, though my
keyboard layout is the usual international one, and so, may accents are
generated a bit different)

	I have also loaded a mapscrn trivial, lat16u.psf fonts, sent the
escape character "\\033(k" (or similar... :) ) to the TTY's on startup
and
nothing happened up to now :(

	Any help is welcome !

----> Begin here <-----

#! /bin/sh
#
# boot		boot-time system configuration.
#
# Version:	@(#)boot  2.10  26-Apr-1997  miquels@cistron.nl
#
#		Copyright (C) 1994-1997 Debian Association, Inc.
#		Written by Ian Murdock <imurdock@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
#		       and Miquel van Smoorenburg <miquels@cistron.nl>
#

#
# This script desperately needs to parse a config file
# (like /etc/default/boot) instead of having to edit it directly!
#

 [...]

#
# Set pseudo-terminal access permissions.
#
chmod 666 /dev/tty[p-za-e][0-9a-f]
chown root.tty /dev/tty[p-za-e][0-9a-f]

#
# Set pseudo-terminal access permissions and some
# video settings.
#
# Danish-HOWTO -> echo -ne '\033(K'
#
INITTY=/dev/tty[1-6]
/usr/bin/setfont /usr/lib/kbd/consolefonts/lat1u-16.psf
mapscrn /usr/lib/kbd/consoletrans/trivial
for tty in $INITTY
do
  echo -ne '\033(K' > $tty
#  echo -n -e '\\033(K' > $tty
done
/usr/bin/setvesablank on

#
# Load the keymaps *as soon as possible*
#
if [ -r /etc/kbd/default.map ]
then
  loadkeys /etc/kbd/default.map
fi

-----> End  Here <------

	Daniel.

Daniel Doro Ferrante        email: danieldf@lnx00.cecm.usp.br
				   danieldf@ime.usp.br
Network & System Manager    http://www.cecm.usp.br/~danieldf

CECM - Curso de Ciencias Moleculares - USP
       Course of Molecular Sciences - University of Sao Paulo