Help!! --/dev/ttyS0 input overflow error --

Hi everyone,
	I wote some code to manage a data aquisition device in the labs.
It runs for a while (say 24 hrs, gathering data every 6 secs [x 50 data
points]) then it crashes, crashes bad (segmentation fault) /dev/ttyS0
input overflow ... does anyone know what is causing this??
	I would also like to find out what the equivalent of fflush (); is
for the unix filesystem

	Thanks and I really look forward to hearing from you

	Regards

		Jonatha (who is in a fix in the lab)