[CWJKGMQP@aol.com: X Window]

-----Forwarded message from CWJKGMQP@aol.com-----

From: CWJKGMQP@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 21:34:16 EST
To: listmaster@lists.debian.org
Subject: X Window

(I sent you this Email earlier but forgot to include my E-mail address, sorry,
here it is: CWJKGMQP@aol.com)

Hi,
  I had absolutely no idea who to contact, so I'm typing this Email to you.

I've just downloaded debian linux via ftp (the i386-disks directory, the /X11,
/Utils, /Shells, /Electronics directories, and a few files from the /doc
directory), I've never used Linux or Unix before or any other OS other than
DOS and Windows.  I picked up a book called "Unix for DOS users" from the
local library and am trying to determine if Linux is the OS for me, so far it
sounds very good (flexible, programming friendly, multitasking, etc), but I'm
still trying to install it.  (I've been working on it for over a week, full-
time).  I'm trying to use X window on my machine (Pentium 133 MMX, 3.2GB HD,
32Mb RAM, S3 GX video card, SVGA monitor with 1.5GB set aside for the Linux
partition and 128MB set aside for the swap file).  The installation program
told me to run "xbase-configure" which I did, but it gives me a
"/<pathname>/xinitrc" file not found.  I checked that path and the file was
there.  I don't know what to do next.  Is there some procedure I should be
following?  Where can I find info on how to correctly install X Window?
Please help.

                                                              Abuzar
Chaudhary.

-----End of forwarded message-----

 /                                     http://home.pages.de/~joey/
/ Ich muede, also bin ich                       -- Andreas Porr /