Re: two keyboards, two monitors, two users, one processor?

This discussion starts to be out of list's topic, sorry.
I'll send further responses only by e-mail.

If the power instalation is properly designed, it should be no problem.
However I, personally, would always prefere two have an additional "zero
current" ground wire dedicated for computers only.
And there still exists a problem with voltages induced by eg. electric
storms.
The optoisolation circuit (not very expensive, because it is
not very fast link, and for "software flow control" two transoptors
powered from unused port lines are sufficient) is much better solution.
The standard built-in serial ports, are rather delicate (Usually they are
even not compatible with RS232 standard, because they may work correctly
with 0V-5V logic levels). The professional RS232 boards should be safer.
This problem is particularly serious, when someone wants to connect two
computers using their parallel ports (and PLIP). The parallel ports are
much less protected.

					Wojtek