From: dg@bingo.baynet.de (Daniel Gross)

Subject: Re: Problems w/ppp dialup and sending mail

Try the following:

--------/etc/smail/routers------------------------------------------------
smart_host:
	driver=smarthost, transport=smtp-rewrite;
	path=mail.bingo.baynet.de

--------/etc/smail/transports---------------------------------------------
[... other transports ...]

smtp-remap:
	driver=tcpsmtp, max_addrs=100, -max_chars, inet,
	remove_header="From",
	insert_header="From:
        ${lookup:from:lsearch{maps/from}{$value}{YOUREMAIL@YOURISP.COM
 ($from:$fullname)}}",
	remove_header="Message-ID",
	insert_header="Message-ID: <$id@$primary>",
	insert_header="Sender:
        ${lookup:from:lsearch{maps/from}{$value}{YOUREMAIL@YOURISP.COM
 ($from:$fullname)}}";
	use_bind, defer_no_connect, -local_mx_okay, defnames

root		root@goofy (root)
YOURLOCALUSER	YOUREMAIL@YOURISP.COM (YOURNAME)