X Windows problems

Hi,

	I having some problem in configuring X to work properly
with my video card. It's a Diamond Stealth 2500 (Alliance AT24 chip).
	The screen is stretched vertically so I can't reach the bottom;
the fonts are distorteds, it's a ugly view.
	I can switch resolutions up to 800x600 (for some strange reason
I can't use 1024x768 now. I did can with my old VLB 486 Diamond SpeedStar)
	Is there some limitations on XFree with this card?
	Is there some likely error I'm doing that somebody already know
by experience?
	Any other hint?

	Besides this, X is extremely slow, as I would using a ISA card!

Details:

Debian 1.3.1
VXPro+-USB-Ultr Motherboard (Intel chipset)
Award Modular V.451PG Release 07/07/1997 Bios
Intel Pentium 150MHz - 64MB EDO RAM
Diamond Stealth Video 2500 (Alliance AT24) PCI Card 2MB DRAM

[]s,
Mario O.de Menezes            "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but
    IPEN-CNEN/SP                 is the Lord's purpose that prevails"
http://curiango.ipen.br/~mario                 Prov. 19.21