IP Filtering/Firewall (kernel modules) help!

To just filter packets for my own machine I would have to add ?:

	Network firewalls
	IP: forwarding/gatewaying ??
	IP: firewalling

Is forwarding/gatewaying required for filtering packets ?
Is forwarding/gatewaying required for masquerading ?

Can someone be more specific on the definitions for:

	Network firewalls
	IP: forwarding/gatewaying
	IP: firewalling
	IP: masquerading
	IP: ipautofw masq support
	IP: ICMP masquerading
	IP: transparent proxy support (EXPERIMENTAL)
	IP: always defragment
	IP: accounting

Thanks,
Matthew

Listed below is the Kernel Networking section.
Networking
	Network firewalls
	Network aliasing
	TCP/IP networking
	IP: forwarding/gatewaying
	IP: multicasting
	IP: syn cookies
	IP: rst cookies
	IP: firewalling
	IP: firewall packet logging
	IP: masquerading
Protocol-specific masquerading support will be built as modules.
	IP: ipautofw masq support
	IP: ICMP masquerading
	IP: transparent proxy support (EXPERIMENTAL)
	IP: always defragment
	IP: accounting
	IP: optimize as router not host
	IP: tunneling
	IP: multicast routing (EXPERIMENTAL)
	IP: aliasing support
(it is safe to leave these untouched)
	IP: PC/TCP compatibility mode
	IP: Reverse ARP
	IP: Disable Path MTU Discovery (normally enabled)
	IP: Drop source routed frames
	IP: Allow large windows (not recommended if <16Mb of memory)
	---
	The IPX protocol
	Appletalk DDP
	Amateur Radio AX.25 Level 2