Re: Fetchmail & Smail Problems

On 24 Feb 1998, Martin Bialasinski wrote:

> Deniz Dogan <denizd@service.raksnet.com.tr> writes:
>
> > fetchmail: SMTP connect to (null) failed
>
> Add "smtphost localhost" to your .fetchmailrc
>
> And als oadd localhost to the hostnames in /etc/smail/config

I had the same problem, and this solved it quickly... here's what Deniz
means:

-----------~/.fetchmailrc------------------------------------------------
poll [ISP_mailhost] proto POP3
        user [ISP_userid] with password [ISP_pass] is [LOCAL_userid] here
        smtphost localhost            <------------- here
-----------=end=---------------------------------------------------------

-----------/etc/smail/config---------------------------------------------
[snip]