mgetty voice/fax/data

I have a SupraFAXModem 288i v.34 (33.6kbs) and I'm wondering how to
configure mgetty to distinguish voice/fax/date calls and use caller id.

>From looking at the mgetty logs, mgetty sends "AT+FAA=1" to my modem after
the init_chat initialization strings.. +FAA=1 is 'Adaptive Answering' for
class 2 fax modems, which distinguishes between fax and data.  There is
another type of answering called 'Silent Answer Plus' (AT+FAA=4 for class
2) that also determines voice.  What is the deference between silent
answer and adaptive?  Does mgetty support silent answer?  And how can I
send the +FAA=4 command to my modem instead of +FAA=1?

For caller id, what format does mgetty expect it to be in?  My modem
supports 'readable format' (#CID=1) and 'ascii printable characters in
hex' (#CID=2).  Also, how do I tell mgetty that I'm using caller id & to
check the dialin.config file?

For voice calls, I'd like to send a message (smbclient) to another
computer.  How can I monitor the caller id strings and if mgetty
determines that it is voice?

Anyone had any experiance with this setup?  I'd like to hear how well it
works (please also include your modem type).

Thanks
-Paul