Re: elm-me+ doc Exasperation

On Mon, 23 Feb 1998, Art Lemasters wrote:

>      Let me rephrase that.  I am looking for *configuration* info
> for a dialin setup in particular.  E.g., should I get fetchmail?
> Thanks.

Yes, you'll need fetchmail.  ELM is simply a mail reader with a set of
neat utilities.  You will need fetchmail to receive mail from your
ISP, and a local mail server of some sort to send your messages to your
ISP.  You probably have smail installed already.  Other alternatives are
sendmail, exim (my favourite), qmail, etc.

It might take some time to get everything set up, but once it is set, it
is wonderful.  :-)  I can read and write e-mail, on-line or off-line.
Whenever I dial in to the university server, the computer automatically
sends and receives my messages.  :-)  (Check your ip-up and ip-down
scripts that comes with either the "ppp" or "diald" package, if you use
the latter.)

Cheers,

Anthony

--