Re: Deltree command?

On Sun, 22 Feb 1998, Daniel Martin at cush wrote:

> It's not rmdir, but just rm; "rm -r" is what you want - "rm -rf" does
> what you want without asking questions  (Just plain "rm -r" will ask
> you about whether or not to delete files you don't have write access
> to).
>
> I hope I don't need to say how extremely dangerous these commands are,
> and how careful you should be when using them.

For sure.  In fact, I'd be careful about counting on rm -r to prompt you.
-f or --force  means no prompting, -i or --interactive means prompting,
and I think the default is no prompting unless the "noclobber"
environment variable is set.  This may depend on the shell though.
I just tried it with tcsh and "noclobber" didn't help.
[checks the man page] [checks the info page] Aw heck, use -i.