Re: lprng

When Carey Evans wrote, I replied:

Thanks for the tip, Corey - I ran checkpc -f and can now print
simple text (the lpd directory was owned by root, rather than
lp & the bj10sx directory which hadn't existed is now in place)
but printing a page from netscape or that page saved to a file
from the command line still fails.   Running lpstat shows:

printer lp@nac online. enabled since 13:57:55. available
 Rank    Owner/ID              Class  Job  Files
error   rjw@nac+443                A   443  ERROR: aborting operations
on job rjw@nac+443

Is there a magicfilter setup, or something?   TIA

> Ralph Winslow <ralphw@nac.net> writes:
>
> > Has stopped working - I say lp file, the file queues, I try lpstat
> > and see "ERROR: printer 'lp', chdir to /var/spool/lpd/bj10sx' failed;
> > 'No such file or directory'" which makes sense as ther's no file or
> > directory named bj10sx in /var/spool/lpd.
>
> "/var/spool/lpd/bj10sx" must be in your /etc/printcap.
>
> Try running "checkpc" to see if your printcap and folders are set up
> as lprng thinks they should be.  You can run "checkpc -f" a couple of
> times to make everything as it expects.
>
> --
>          Carey Evans  http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/c.evans/
>
>           GNU GPL: "The Source will be with you... always."
>
> --

Ralph Winslow		      rjw@nac.net
Mary bought a pair of skates
upon the ice to frisk