Re: Debian box go sleep now.

     What version of autoup.sh did you use?  Are you getting the hamm
files from a local mirror, files in your current directory, or by ftp
from a mirror?  Version 0.21 has a bug that prevents it from
retrieving oldlibs/libc5_*.deb, and from failing due to that.  In that
case, it will fail as soon as it starts the upgrade.

     autoup.sh is designed to fail safely before it starts the upgrade
if it cannot find any of the required files.  Do you have a transcript
(from /usr/bin/script) of your autoup session?  That would be helpful
in determining what went wrong.

     The autoup script produces a file "removed-`date +%m%d-%T`"
listing all files it removed from your system.  Not all of these files
are automatically replaced by the script - only enough to make the
system stable enough to use dselect to complete the upgrade.  I
suggest you review this file and make sure all removed packages have
been replaced with their equivalent hamm version (in some cases, the
hamm equivalent has a different name than was used in bo).

     My first suggestion would be to check the status of the netstd
package, since most of your problems seem to be related to commands
provided by this package.  If that doesn't help, perhaps someone more
knowledgeable about these networking programs will come to your
rescue.

--
   _
  |_)  _  |_       Robert D. Hilliard    <hilliard@metrolink.net>