Re: 1FA:

On 20 Feb, Bruce Dobrin wrote:
> 1FA:   is what I get when I try to boot from My hard drive.  I had this
> problem once before and the problem mysteriously went away. It hasn't gone
> away yet on this box.  this disturbs me.  This is a new machine with a
> 9gig cheeta drive,  1st (system) partition is 500meg.  Any Ideas???
>
> Thank you

That is a prompt from your BIOS, wanting to know which partition /
drive to boot from.  You might get this from pressing a key too soon in
the boot sequence, or from not having a proper boot sector installed.
If you are using LILO, check to make sure that it is installed on the
boot sector rather than in the partition.

--
Stephen Ryan                   Debian GNU/Linux
Mathematics graduate student, Dartmouth College