Re: nis & shadow

This is true. However note how you said "if the request for the map comes from a
non-root user". How do you supposed the NIS server determines that you're "not a
root user"? I'll tell you: ident. I can whip up an ident server on my NT box in two
minutes that'll tell you I'm any user I want. This is not security.

--
Jens B. Jorgensen
jjorgens@bdsinc.com