mutt crashes

Hi,

I recently switched from sendmail to smail. Since then, I have problem with
my mailers :-(. Mutt crashes when it is time to send a message, wheter is a
reply or a new message, while comp (I use nmh) complains that
my email address is not legal (actually I believe is smail to complain).

The problem is that my machine has 3 name: one is its own name, one is related
to my network card and one when I connect from home via modem (I have a
laptop). And the name smail is refusing is the "real" name of the host.
And smail should know it since I put it into the config as hostname ...

thanks for any help,
graziano