Missing Mouse Drivers

( The following was filed as a bug, but doesn't really belong there since
  it isn't specific to any package (except possibly kernel-image).  Thus,
  I'm forwarding it to debian-user to see if anybody can help this person. )

Dear Folks,

        We have just loaded the most recent available version of Linux which I
use for running the Genetics Computer Group (GCG) of Wisconsin
programs.  Everything seems to work fine except that my mouse doesn't
work.  I have a Logitech Trackball T-CA1-  SN: LU519100659.  Logitech
does not support Linux, so I am stuck.  On plugging in a (borrowed)
Genius Hi Mouseworks mouse, this works immediately.  Is there a separate
driver for my trackball or do I have to purchase a new mouse?  I am new
to this operating system!  Any help is highly appreciated.

        Yours sincerely,

        John Lowenstein