Re: SCSI: queue status

nimennor@ieaccess.net writes:

[message shorted where approriate]

> I've been getting the following during the bootup for a while now,
> just got around to ask what this actually means.

> aha152x: ignoring spurious interrupt, nothing to do
>
> Is this a status/warning/error/panic message?

According to the source this message means, that one of the SCSI
devices tells the host adapter: "I have data for you" but the host
adapter didn't expect such a message as all of its own queues are
empty.

How often does this message occur?  Only at startup or sometimes while
working with the system?

If only at startup I think this message can be accepted as warning
message, something strange happens but there is no reason to be
alarmed.

BTW: Better do some test backups with comparing and restoring to
     ensure your tape is working correctly.  This is independent
     of this message.

        Torsten

--
I haven't lost my mind -- it's backed up on tape somewhere.
                                            Fortune Cookie