Re: The Ideal Linux Machine

agreene@fundy.net (Adam Greene) writes:

> I work for a company that assembles computers and I am interested in putting
> together computers that will come preloaded with Linux, and I am wondering
> what people would consider necessary for a good Linux Box, and then we will
> start offering Linux-Ready Units. (If my boss okays the concept :-)

It should have RAM, some more RAM and even more RAM.  Put in at least
64 megs of RAM and a sufficiently large hard disk of some 2 gigabytes
or more.  But only SCSI please and don't bother with Adaptec since
they are more expensive than they are actually worth.  Better choose
something by Symbios Logic.  I'd count processor speed to be only the
fourth item in the list and consider it relatively less important than
RAM and HD size.  Did i mention to put in even very much more RAM? ;-)

         P., who is very content with a P133 and 64 megs of RAM *8^)
--
   Paul Seelig                         pseelig@goofy.zdv.uni-mainz.de
   My Homepage in the WWW at the URL http://www.uni-mainz.de/~pseelig