RE: Smail uucp file

The more I think about this the more I wonder exactly what you lost.

The spool files of mail that are waiting to go to the uucp user are in
/var/spool/uucp/<sitename>

Smail keeps all of its configuration information in /etc/smail uucp keeps its
configuration in /etc/uucp

There are no files having to do with uucp and smail that are kept in /var/mail

This is, if you are using Debian Linux.

On 19-Feb-98 Bill Belon wrote:
> Greetings!  I have a major problem.  I'm the co-owner of a small ISP and
> we're using Smail.  Our uccp file was accidentally deleted from the
> /var/mail directory.  We have customers who are very unhappy right now.
> Can you tell me the lines that the file contains?  Or possibly give me a
> copy of such a file?  From there I can change the variables as necessary
> to suit our system.  Please respond as soon as possible.  This is a
> great emergency for us.
>
> Thank you for your consideration.

George Bonser
http://www.debian.org