Matrox mystique 220 problems

Hello,

I've tried to run X on my newly installed Debian system, but the computer
crashes befor X starts. I get the error message:

xinit: Interrupted system call (errno 4): unexpected signal 1
        waiting for X server to shutdown...

I have a Matrox mystique 220 videoboard.
I have used the xbase, xserver-svga ant the fonts from the bo-updates directory
on the installation CD.
I have only installed the standard components in dselect (exept for the X11
stuff).

Has anyone experienced the same problems, or have the slightest idea of what's
wrong?

Please help!

/Mats