Help netatalk

I know this is getting a fair way off the topic, but I am looking for help
with linux support for apples.

Basically I am trying to find a way for our apples computers to print via
our server.  At the moment we are using papd (part of the netatalk
package), but this does not pass the name of the user to lpd (instead it
uses the username "operator").  This is no good for us, as we are trying
to do accounting based on printer usage.

Does anyone know of another system by which we can obtain the appropriate
username?

Thanks,

Chris.
------